|Average Salary||Avg. Hourly Wage|
Technical sales expert is one of the key roles in the welding field.
They are the connection chain between the manufacturers and distributors and the clientele.
They can provide necessary information on the latest technologies in the welding industry.
It helps boost the productivity and efficiency of the welding process.
Technical sales can also guide the manufacturers through the ever-changing world of technology.
They can advise on the right way of utilizing the welding machinery.
Technical Sales Responsibilities
- Provide customers with relevant welding recommendations and information.
- Issue and present tender packages and other necessary documentation.
- Tutor and guide the staff on various welding technology and products.
- Offer efficient solutions to the issues related to welding technology.
Successful technical sales experts are expected to have one of the following:
- High-school diploma or similar certification.
- Certificates in welding technology, metallurgy, metal processing, etc.
More advanced certification can include:
- Associate or college degree in metal fabrication, welding, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in technology or welding engineering.
- Relevant sales experience.
- Attention to details.
- High motivation and self-sufficiency.
- Strong verbal and written skills.
- Ability to demonstrate the operation of welding equipment.
- Keeping up to the sales ethics.
- Identify customers’ requirements and provide support.
Technical sales experts may work inside the office and outside.
Some working locations may include laboratories, manufacturing departments, construction localities, etc.
Frequent traveling may be involved as well.
This page is also available in Spanish.