If you’re searching for a new exciting and rewarding job, consider welding.
Hands-on individuals might like this occupation the most.
If you became curious about this career, read on for more details!
- Duties of a Welder in Nevada
- Why Turning to Welding as a Career
- Median Income for A Nevada Welder
- Finding Employment in Nevada
- Best Training Schools in Nevada
- Alternative Career Options
- Final Words
- Welding Schools by City
- Top Welding Programs Around Nevada
Duties of a Welder in Nevada
A welder’s job can be quite challenging.
Piecing metals together may sound easy but it’s not.
Not only you need a series of skills, but also a variety of tools and equipment.
Most Important Duties
Below are the tasks you need to do on a daily basis:
- Reading and analyzing the guidelines, blueprints, and drawings.
- Following all these instructions properly.
- Studying the materials in order to decide which welding technique should be used.
- Knowing that there are 100 welding techniques, including shielded metal arc welding, gas metal arc welding, and gas tungsten arc welding.
- Deciding on the appropriate tools for the project, based on the method.
- Knowing when you should combine the instruments to complete the task.
- Performing maintenance on the manual and electrical gear.
Why Turning to Welding as a Career
There’s no doubt welding is a rewarding career especially if you like making things with your hands.
You’ll participate in the construction of bridges or buildings among others, and you’ll be able to see the results around your city.
Working in the open air is almost guaranteed as well.
There’s a good prognosis for welders when it comes to finding employment.
A 6% increase in available jobs for these professionals is expected to happen by 2026.
Skills of a Certified Welder
Welders must be:
- Physically strong
- Good with technical terms
- Full of stamina
- Aware of their surroundings
Median Income for A Nevada Welder
Typically, a welder from Nevada earns per year $40,719 which is a higher income compared to the national average of $39,533 per year.
At the same time, the top 10% of welders in Nevada get paid $46,780 annually, which is again higher than the national average of $45,418 per year.Annual Salary Range:
Average Salaries of Welders in Nevada
|North Las Vegas||$41,115|
Finding Employment in Nevada
Finding a job as welder is easy.
Here are some examples:
- Making bridges and other structures
- Aerospace applications
- Gas and oil field power plants and refineries
- Building boats
- Car and motorbike fabrication and maintenance.
Best Training Schools in Nevada
Here you can find a list offering training to those who want to become welders.
The American Welding Society’s SENSE Accreditation Program approved 10 schools in Nevada.
TIG, MIG, and STICK welding techniques are the most commonly used ones and included in all the programs of these schools.
You’re guaranteed to learn the basics of the trade.
Future welders are required a high school diploma or GED to enroll.
In a few rare cases these schools also accept junior high school students.
10 Top Welding Schools in Nevada
|School Name||Address||Phone Number|
|Career College Of Northern Nevada||1421 Pullman Drive Sparks, NV 89434 United States||(702) 772-7790|
|College Of Southern Nevada||1560 West Warm Springs Road, Henderson, NV 89014 United States||(702) 651-4792|
|Douglas High School, Minden||1670 Hwy 88, Minden, NV 89423 United States||(775) 297-1873|
|Great Basin College||1500 College Parkway, Elko, NV 89801 United States||(775) 753-2102|
|Las Vegas Institute of Welding||806 Buchanan Blvd 272-155, Boulder City, NV 89005 United States||(702) 373-3392|
|Regional Tech Institute||380 Edison Way, Reno, NV 89502 United States||(775) 856-5319|
|Rite of Passage Charter High School||100 Rosachi Road, Yerington, NV 89447 United States||(775) 463-5111|
|Sierra Nevada Job Corp Center||14175 Mountcharleston St, Reno, NV 89506 United States||(775) 972-5627|
|Truckee Meadows Community College||Applied Industrial Techno, 7000 Dandini Blvd, Reno, NV 89512 United States||(702) 673-7015|
|Western Nevada Community College||2201 W College Pkwy, Carson City, NV 89703 United States||(775) 445-3348|
Remember that the details could change in time, so we recommend you perform a doublecheck.
Alternative Career Options
There are a bunch of other occupations in which knowing how to weld is a must.
Some of them are:
- Sheet metal worker
We hope we helped you learn more about this occupation and that you’l soon be able to make a decision.
Remember the benefits of working as welder!