If you want to work as a welder in North Dakota, you can choose one of the 7 training facilities in the state.
These include Job Corps, schools, as well as community colleges.
Below is a list of the info you need to know about welding, as well as facilities.
A Welder’s Responsibilities
A welder merges pieces of metal using some specific instruments and heat.
You will need to learn the various techniques and which tools need to be used to complete your projects.
- Shielded Metal Arc Welding (Stick);
- Plasma Arc Welding;
- Flux-Cored Welding;
- Gas Metal Arc Welding (MIG);
- Tungsten Inert Gas Welding (TIG);
- Gas or Oxy-Acetylene Welding.
Why Work as a Welder in North Dakota
Welding is a fulfilling profession, and is also a promising industry all throughout the country.
In the next 6 years, welding jobs are supposed to increase by 6%, as claimed by the US Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Furthermore, a welder earns a stable income and is generally well paid.
You will also be able to get hired right after you graduate.
- Good use of the hands
- Attention to detail
- Endurance and strength
- Technical expertise
- Spatial-orientation awareness
Median Wage For a Welder in North Dakota
You might be interested to find out how much you will make from welding.
In North Dakota, a typical welder makes about $36,766 per year.
In the rest of US, the average salary is higher and about $39,533 .
A top 10% welder has a salary of about $42,238 per year in North Dakota, and $45,418 throughout US.Annual Salary Range:
Average Salary of Certified Welders in North Dakota
The Best Schools in North Dakota
The American Welding SENSE Accreditation Program accepted 7 welding schools.
Below is some info for each school:
- Bismarck State College, in the city with the same name.
- In order to get your Associate of Applied Science degree, you will need to finish the Prescribed Technical Program and get general education credits too.
- Electrical Lineworker and Mechanical Maintenance Technology are some other of the technical associate’s degrees.
- Lake Area Career and Technology Center, situated in Devils Lake and related to Devils Lake High School.
- Lynnes Welding Training, Inc, with locations in Bismarck and Fargo.
- Here you can choose between the 12-week and 16-week welding courses.
- North Valley Vo-Tech Center, one of the top welding schools in the state.
- This school also offers other degree programs as well.
- North Dakota State College of Science, with a great welding training course.
Top Welding Training Centers in North Dakota
Below is the list of schools in the state:
7 Welding Schools in North Dakota
|Bismarck State College||1500 Edwards Ave Bismarck, ND 58506 United States|
|Lake Area Career & Technology Center||205 16TH ST NW Devils Lake, ND 58301 United States|
|Lynnes Welding Training, Inc.||2717 3rd Avenue North, Fargo, ND 58102 United States|
|Lynnes Welding Training, Inc.||4329 Centurion Drive Unit #9 Bismarck, ND 58504 United States|
|North Dakota State College Of Science||800 6Th St N, Wahpeton, ND 58076 United States|
|North Valley Vo-Tech Center||RR 1 Box 4, Grafton, ND 58237 United States|
|Quentin Burdick Job Corps||1500 University Ave West, Minot, ND 58703 United States|
Remember to double-check the info as some of it might change.
Other Job Opportunities in North Dakota
If for some reason welding is not for you, have a look at other options:
- Making boilers
- Mechanical Maintenance Technology
- Sheet Metal Work
- Electrical Lineworker
- Soldering & Brazing
Take your time and find out more info about each school before making a decision.
This way you will be able to choose the right one for you and start your career!