There are several welding training schools in Wyoming if you want to pursue this career.
Below is a list of these, along with contact info and other tips about welding.
Brief Job Description
A welder fuses metal pieces together using some specific instruments.
These instruments melt the metal in order for it to be connected.
Some of the skills required for this job are essential to have, and these are:
- Physical force and endurance
- Adroitness in using the hands
- Positional awareness skills
- Technical strengths
Job duties for a welder
These are the duties you will have on a day to day basis:
- Reading and comprehending the guidelines, drawings, and blueprints.
- All the guidelines should be followed accordingly.
- Analyze the materials and decide what techniques need to be used for a particular task.
- Some of the most popular techniques are gas tungsten arc welding, shielded metal arc welding, or gas metal arc welding.
- Determining the right instruments to finish the project.
- Keeping the instruments and gear in good condition.
- You will need to know how to combine electrical and manual instruments to complete your project.
Reasons to Become a Welder
Welding can be an exciting job, that is ideal for those who enjoy working with their hands.
Job opportunities in welding are always growing and will increase by 6% in the next 6 years, as the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics claims.
Looking for a Welding Job in Wyoming?
You can get hired in several industries, like:
- Construction of buildings and bridges
- Aerospace applications
- Gas & oil field power plants and refineries
- Building boats
- Car & motorbike maintenance and repair
Median Salary in Wyoming
In Wyoming, an average wage for a welder total $35,163 per year, with a top 10% welder earning $40,395 yearly.
In other US areas, a welder makes $39,606 annually, and those in the top 10% receive $45,500 per year.Annual Salary Range:
Average Salary of Certified Welders in Wyoming
|Region||Employed||Avg. Annual Salary||Avg. Hourly Pay||Top 10% Annual Salary||Bottom 10% Annual Salary|
* Employment conditions in your area may vary.
Training Schools in Wyoming
You can find 7 schools in this state:
- Campbell High School, situated close to Gillette, Wyoming.
- Carbon County Higher Education Center provides different types of courses, like welding fabrication.
- Central Wyoming College provides an Associate of Applied Science welding degree.
- Pathways Innovation Center, in Casper, is a trade school that offers welding courses.
- Sheridan High School, in Kong Drive, offers welding classes.
- Wind River High School, in Pavilion, is another school where you can get trained.
- Wyoming Welding Tech is a trade school that provides welding courses among others.
The schools are all accepted by the American Welding Society’s SENSE Accreditation Program, and you can read a list of them below.
7 Welding Schools in Wyoming
|Campbell County High School||1000 Camel Dr, Gillette, WY 82716 United States|
|Carbon County Higher Education Center||812 E Murray Street Rawlins, WY 80301 United States|
|Central Wyoming College||2660 Peck Avenue, Riverton, WY 82501 United States|
|Pathways Innovation Center||970 N. Glenn Road Casper, WY 82601 United States|
|Sheridan High School||1056 Long Drive, Sheridan, WY 82801 United States|
|Wind River High School||223 N Cherry St. Pavillion, WY 82523 United States|
|Wyoming Welding Tech||323 East 3rd Street, Cheyenne, WY 82007 United States|
Remember to check the info as the information could change.
Other job opportunities
Maybe you want to choose another technical job, such as:
- Sheet metal worker
- Pipefitter and Steamfitter
After you read the details about each school, you can make an informed decision on which to pick.
We hope this article will help you in starting your new career as a welder.
This page is also available in Spanish.