Are you searching to work in a promising industry?
If so, consider welding as an option, especially if you enjoy working with your hands.
We will provide a list of the top welding schools in Colorado for those who reside there.
Furthermore, you will receive important information about welding.
- Job Responsibilities
- Why Should You Work as a Welder in Colorado
- Colorado Median Wage in Welding
- Where Can An Accredited Welder Get Hired in Colorado?
- Colorado’s Best Welding Schools
- Other Job Choices in Colorado
- Welding Schools by City
A welder fuses different materials using some specific tools.
As a welder, you should be able to use all the instruments required to complete your project.
Although it sounds easy, there are certain skills you need to have.
Out of the many responsibilities a welder has, here are the most important ones:
- Good comprehension of guidelines, blueprints, and sketches.
- Ability to adhere to all the required guidelines.
- Examining of the basic material to decide which welding method should be used.
- Out of the 100 procedures, we can mention arc welding, shielded metal arc welding, and gas metal arc welding as some common ones.
- Knowing when a specific instrument should be used according to the chosen method.
- Make sure the equipment and instruments are kept intact.
- A welder should know how to work with the many different instruments required for the task.
- These include manual and electric devices.
Why Should You Work as a Welder in Colorado
Welding is a fulfilling job.
If you like using your hands and work outside, welding is the ideal choice for you.
It is also a great career for those who like to handle metals and fire.
You will help in constructing impressive structures like bridges and buildings.
Furthermore, the welding industry is on the rise.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, by 2026 the employment opportunities will increase by 6%.
Below are the required skills for a welder:
- A keen eye to detail
- Technical skills;
- Physical power;
- Good endurance;
- Manual dexterity;
- Good at working with the hands;
- Spatial-orientation awareness.
Colorado Median Wage in Welding
A median salary of a welder in Colorado is about $39 415 per year.
It’s slightly lower than an average salary throughout the country which is $39 533 per year.
Top 10% of welders in Colorado earn a median salary which is about $45 281 per year.
At the same time, the top 10% of welders throughout the country earn $45 418 per year.Annual Salary Range:
Average Salary of Certified Welders in Colorado
Where Can An Accredited Welder Get Hired in Colorado?
There are many industries available to an accredited welder.
Colorado welders can get hired for projects such as:
- Buildings, bridges, and other structures
- Aerospace applications
- Power plants and refineries for gas and oil field
- Constructing ships
- Manufacturing and maintenance of cars and motorcycles
Colorado’s Best Welding Schools
We tried to offer important information before compiling a list of the top Colorado welding schools.
Read below to see which these are, and remember each school adheres to the American Welding Society’s SENSE Accreditation Program.
The schools offer important welding classes like Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (TIG), Shielded Metal Arc Welding (stick), or Gas Metal Arc Welding (MIG).
While a few schools only request for the completion of the 10th grade, most others ask for a GED or a high-school diploma.
15 Welding Schools in Colorado
|Bollman Technical Education Center||9451 N. Washington St. Thornton, CO 80229 United States|
|Colorado Educational Center||PO Box 999 Cannon City, CO 81212 United States|
|Community College Of Denver - CCD||2570 31 St. Denver, CO 80216 United States|
|Durango High School||2390 Main Ave Durango, CO 81301 United States|
|Emily Griffith Technical College||1205 Osaga St. Denver, CO 80203 United States|
|Front Range Community College||4616 South Sheilds Fort Collins, CO 80526 United States|
|Lincoln College Of Technology||11194 E. 45th Ave. Denver, CO 80237 United States|
|Morgan Community College Fort Morgan||920 Barlow Road Fort Morgan, CO 80701 United States|
|Pickens Technical College||500 Airport BLVD Aurora, CO 80011 United States|
|Pikes Peak Community College||5675 S. Academy BLVD Colorado Springs, CO 80906 United States|
|Prairie View High School Welding||12909 E. 120th Ave. Henderson, CO 80640 United States|
|SW CO Community College||33057 HWY 160 Mancos, CO 81328 United States|
|Tic Holdings Inc||2645 Jacobs Circle Steamboat Springs, CO 80487 United States|
|Warren Tech||13300 W. 2nd Place Lakewood, CO 80228 United States|
|Western Colorado Community College||2508 Blickmann Ave. Grand Junction, CO 81505 United States|
Other Job Choices in Colorado
Colorado has other similar career options, in case welding is not for you:
- Sheet Metal Workers.